Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Theo Parrish @ some dirthole in Stoke Newington (of all places?)

I was in the UK at the end of July and we went to see Theo Parrish in Stoke Newington on a Saturday evening. I can't remeber the name of the venue... maybe Bar-A-Bar... but it was a nice little intimate affair. I was still trashed from a 7am finish the previous night following escapades at Plastic People in Shoreditch but Theo started nice and slow and towards the end started tearing it up. Here's a clip I took from my favourite tune of the night... an unknown (to me anyway) re-edit of James Brown's Body Heat. It's not great quality, but you get the substance of the record, and it's a WINNER!



Here's also a little picture of the man himself from that night... (typically smoking some shit!)


2 comments:

  1. yeah... tell me about! Theo Parrish playing on Stoke Newington High Street. Not to be sniffed at... especially when my mate's gaff was literally round the corner.

    ReplyDelete